The Jesus Challenge...

|
...and no, I don't mean anything to do with God, or Christianity. So if you have somehow stumbled across this blog and are looking for religious guidance, this definitely is NOT the place to be.

The Jesus Challenge I am attempting is to do with Poker. It is a challenge whereby I aim to turn $0 (nothing) into $10,000 simply through my own ability as a poker player and by following a simple set of guidelines. They are as follows:

  • I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less).
  • I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1.
  • If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of my total bankroll, I must leave the game when the blinds reach me.
As it says, I am hoping to complete this within 16 months. Optimistic I know, but I'm gonna need some sort of target to aim for whilst I'm grinding it out in freerolls/at the lowest limits. I'm also aiming to play for at least 4 hours a day, although there will be some days where I can't hit that.

Feel free to offer advice, or criticism where you feel you can, or feel free to click on any of the links to the right (when I link them all!) I'm gonna re-read Super System and Harrington first though, so it will probably be a few days before I actually get started.

0 comments :