The start...and end, and something new

|
I had completely forgotten about this until I got an e-mail yesterday saying "Can you moderate a comment please, sir?", so I did (but I don't have to any more, sorted THAT out!) then a good friend of mine then came on MSN and asked me how to set up their own blog, where to go etc etc. Naturally I directed them to Blogspot, so the link will go in there soon. I also need to sort out links for nice people over at Blonde who have linked me to their blogs, as well as catch up on my own blog reading!

Anyway, when I made my last post I was debating the ins and outs of starting the Jesus Challenge, and had some helpful suggestions from friends, respected members of the poker community, and Danni, when I got an email through from Blue Square, who I had been doing some live reporting for, asking me if I could help out at the first GUKPT, in Brighton. I did, and they very kindly rewarded me for it in the form of a bankroll. Naturally, bankroll instincts (and a family birthday) kicked in and I hastily withdrew most of it to pay for the necessities of life.

At the same time, I was playing for BadBeat.com on their trader scheme, but was unhappy with Mansion's software as it was drastically reducing my ability to play, and is some of the worst software I've seen in a long time. Originally I was going to give up, but I spoke to someone at Brighton who suggested a move from Mansion to Grandslam. Thankfully, BadBeat approved this, and so I'm still continuing with that and hoping to move up their ranks slowly.

Just to finish off, the week after the GUKPT had finished, I was offered, accepted, and started a temporary full time admin job within the NHS. It is very boring work, and I'm looking forward to the end of the contract as I detest getting UP at 7:45am as well, but at the moment it is bringing in some much needed cash.

Combine the three, and I realised that I wasn't going to have the time to begin the challenge. So I've scrapped it. I am, however, going to keep the blog, but take it down a different route, as I save up enough money from work to build my own bankroll whilst still playing for BadBeat. On top of this, a friend has approached me with an idea to form a business, so I am going to be investing some time and energy into looking to see if we can get it off the ground, so to speak.

So, change of plan, change of direction, but a new start for me, and hopefully I can feel like I'm doing something with poker, rather than just playing it for fun.

1 comments :

amateur said...

Good to see your blog running again