It's hard to update a blog when nothing's happening

|
I find myself in a bit of a rut, really. I want to update this thing yet just can't seem to get it started. I'm not one of those guys who posts everyday, but I don't want to see readers (if there are any!) forget that I still maintain this. I have things to tell, so I apologise if this is a bit disjointed in any way.

To add to my list of illness woes recently, I somehow managed to fracture my scaphoid last Sunday. For those of you who attended Blonde Bash 6, this was the injury I sustained just before then and as such, spent most of the Saturday in pain after aggravating it on the football pitch! Combine this with the long-term problems I have and you get zilch on the poker scene, mainly because of 2 reasons:
  • It's rather hard to concentrate on 4 tables at once when you constantly have to visit the mens room.
  • It's impossible to play properly in pain.
Because of this, I sent a message to my stakers explaining the situation and asked them what we should do. They decided that it would be best to stop the staking for now, a decision I 100% agree with, and that it can be looked at again when I get my health issues under control. If I get my health issues under control.

So what is there to say in a blog when there's nothing happening? I'm not playing any poker, I'm not working, infact all I seem to do all day is read Blonde, 2+2, APAT, AWOP and any other poker related literature I can get my cast-covered hands on.

On that note, it's pretty sad to see what's happening over at Blonde at the moment. I've refrained from commenting over there because everyone's pretty much said what I would say already, only they've done it a hell of a lot better than I could. It's going to be weird not seeing Blonde updating GUKPT's and DTD events, and I guess I'm going to have to head over to AWOP for updates there. I've seen many blog posts praising APAT updates, and I love the way they use the technology for things as ongoing chip counts, live feeds of tables in play etc, but when reading updates you don't get the feeling that you're there. I guess I just want the best of both worlds really, I love reading Blonde updates as you can visualise yourself there with all the descriptive background on the plays you get, and I want to be able to see the live action as it happens over at AWOP.

It's also harsh on Adam "Snoopy" Goulding and Chris "NoFlopsHomer" Hall as well. Snoops is Mr Blonde and his presence will be sorely missed on Blonde for all the little things he does, such as results updates, news bulletins and his baby, Blondepedia. Chris is Mr Updates for Blonde and if it wasn't for him and his team, then the updates would have fizzled out some time ago. I wish them both good luck in what they do in the future as I can't see 2 poker journalists of their calibre being out of work for long!

I have also read on Blonde that Gala have scrapped the GCBPT for 2009. If there's one question I would ask their head of Poker, it's a simple Why? It's a very popular tour and there were a lot of players looking forward to the 2009 version, especially with the credit crunch. The rumour is that Gala actually used this as a reason for scrapping it, but it was a perfect priced tour, as you have APAT which is the "cheap" tour at £75 per event, and the GUKPT was the "rich" tour at £1060 per event. Gala's £500 was nicely sat in the middle and I really think that they've dropped the ball here. I've been to one Gala event at Bristol and compared to non-events, cash games were massively up and the room actually seemed full! Hopefully Stanley's will have success with the Liverpool Winter Festival and step into the breach...

OK...maybe there was something happening!

1 comments :

Unknown said...


Thank you for sharing this valuable knowledge; it will be of great benefit to myself and many others. This is something I can share with my friends.
តើហ្វានតាន Onlineជាអ្វី