I've just done a Vinny Vinh...

|
...in that my seat has just cashed in a tournament!

I think writing that entry last night about MTTs has kick started something, or the poker gods like me, because I final tabled a Stars $4 180 man SNG last night, and then today I've cashed in the $11 Deep Stack tourney, again on Stars. The weekend $11 Deep Stack tourneys are probably my favourite tourneys online within my micro limit price range (obviously, we'd all love to play the Million or the Mulligan) as I tend to suck at satellites which means I don't get to play the Big Ones on a Sunday night.

Tonight, however, I fired up Stars and sat down in the Deep Stack. Tried forcing a few hands through ewarly on, but these didn't get anywhere and I soon found myself down to 3,850 in Level 1. Then, in the blink of an eye, I got a double up out of nowhere when a very loose guy decided to fire 3 bullets at my nut flopped flush, thank you very much sir. A few hands later I found Aces and saw 2 shorties move all in before me...the Aces held (first time EVER on Stars) and I'd jumped from 1054/1125 to 30/1090. Nosebleed time! I didn't last long there though, as just after the first break I got moved tables, and accidentally min raised UTG with K-4os. Got one caller in a very loose German next to me, and we saw a 6-6-2 flop. I bet at it, knowing he hs nothing, and he flat calls. OK...lets see the turn. Turn is an 8. I fire again, and he raises me. I still reckon he's got nothing, and re-pop. He goes into the tank...and shoves! Naturally, I pass, but...oops! He flipped 8-8 and said he put me on K-K, well you got one of them right mate!

After this, I'm below avergae at 5k as my brother sticks his head through the door and reminds me that I have dinner reservations and we're leaving at half 8. Oh shit, it's his 18th. So I play like a complete and utter donkey, only to find myself with 22k after I hit a couple of lucky rivers. Now what do I do? Danni came online but she was off out, so she couldn't take over for me...and I couldn't find anyone else I trusted enough to do so, so I said that I was gonna play til the cab came and then just leave it and hope. Last hand, I find As-8s UTG and raise. The loose German called and everyone else passed. Flop was Queen high, all spades! I check, and he fires 1500. I call. Turn is a blank, and again he fires 1500. I call. The river is yet another blank and I put him all in for 9k as thats what the pot is. He calls with top pair, and I rake in a 25k pot! The taxi arrives, and I'm BB...so I leave it to time out with 35k and in 35/398 left.

I've just got home...90th for $20.72. Sorted. The chair has cashed for me.

0 comments :