Real life overtakes poker sometimes...

|
There are sometimes when RL just has to stop you playing poker. In my case it's because I'm coming up to the end of my contract at work, so it's all "save save save" with my cash, therefore no opportunities to get out and play live. I tend to go to Dusk Til Dawn (and if you haven't been, then you really should go) after work on a Friday with Offless, and we generally end up meeting a few familiar faces up there, normally Danni and the Northampton Crew (Aaron, James, John, Sunni etc) and a few faces from Blonde. Don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon though unless I find some more work...definitely won't be doing it THIS weekend as I'm having a poker-free weekend and visiting some uni mates "dawn Sarf".

On top of work, I have a new girlfriend and so she has naturally jumped to the top of the priority list over poker, although this could go hand in hand as she seems interested in learning the game (I'm following my own rules on women and poker) so I'm spending quite a bit of time easing her into the world of this cruel game we call poker. Don't expect to see her at any festivals any time soon though...we're starting with 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball because I was playing it on Stars this week and she'd never seen it before, I'd better dig out Super System 2 and have a quick read!

Because of this, I've barely played since Sunday. My deal with BadBeat is that I'm supposed to play for 40 table hours a week at $100 a day. Somehow, I don't think I'm gonna hit that 40 hours, but I am $300 up so far since January and I can add another $40 to that from a lovely hit and run earlier...I just wish I could get more time in on the virtual felt, as I don't particularly want BadBeat to drop me.

Anyway, BadBeat and shortstacking are topics I intend to cover in future posts (when it's not 11pm and my eyes are dropping) so I'm off. But before I go, I'm sticking 2 fingers up at all the football fans who wrote Liverpool off in the Champions League this week. Funny how out of all 4 English teams, we got the hardest draw on paper/league positions, and yet we were the only team to win, isn't it?

2 comments :

vinny said...

come on update it.

u've got me reading it!!!!

Unknown said...

getting your website the growing and interesting to read. I have much to learn from you. thank you
អ្វីទៅកាស៊ីណូអនឡាញ​