Downswings, illnesses and shite...

|
In my last post I remarked on the inevitable downswing that I was expecting. Well, note to self, idiot, when you tell yourself the downswing's fucking coming, it's fucking coming! From Jan 8th-Jan 11th I played 39 sngays and won the grand total of...1. A big, fat, ONE. And even that was the last one of the day when I was massively in makeup! Still managed to make the money in 12 of them and a lot of 2nd places kinda made the downswing not that bad, but I just couldn't win a single race at all. Any poker player will be able to tell you what it's like when you hit a downswing, you just can't win a hand, AK <<<< A10 AIPF etc etc etc. Still annoying to see your ROI drop from 60% to 5% though!

I was then forced to take the next 8 days off as I came down with a particularly nasty bout of gastroenteritis. For those of you who don't know, I suffer with a particularly annoying pair of progressive stomach conditions - Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Alone, these are a pain in the arse but when they flare up together (as they have since bloody September 2008, ffs!) they're really nasty. Because of these, I'm extremely susceptible to any stomach condition, whether it be gastroenteritis, food poisoning, norovirus - you name it, I get it. I've had Noro and gastroenteritis pretty much solidly since December 23rd apart from the first week of January! Needless to say, it's getting firmly on my tits.

Decided today that despite still feeling like shit, I was gonna play a few sngays to remind myself how to play the bastard things, and it appears that my enforced absence did indeed seem to get rid of the downswing, as todays stats read:

Played: 10
Won: 4
3rd: 1
Other: 5

I was actually winning my fair share of races, hands were holding up, and amazingly I never saw AA and only had KK once in 10 tourneys...and what happened? I ran into AA!! Typical. Managed to get my ROI back up to a pleasing 24% over 75 sngays which feels good. I've noticed that my ITM% appears to have averaged itself out at 40%, and I'm wondering whether this is par or whether I've just gotta wait for it to average out properly. I know 75 sngays isn't the biggest sample size...

1 comments :

Unknown said...


This article is very interesting and gives a little information and don't forget to visit the site thank you.
ហ្គេម អនឡាយលេងបានគ្រប់ទីកន្លែង