I hate dentists...

|
I really hate dentists.

Woke up on Monday morning to agony from my teeth. Assumed it was because my house was freezing and eventually let it fade away. It soon came back, however, so I didn't play any poker because of it and went to the dentist on Tuesday to find out that I needed 2 emergency fillings. Didn't help that the emergency dentist I had to go to was 35 mins away in East Bristol, at rush hour, and I react quite badly to the anaesthetic. Spent over an hour in the dentist's chair and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

Came out half stoned with a mouth full of anaesthetic, according to Joobs she could smell it all night, was not nice at all. This meant that I had to push aside the staking until today. Played 18, won 4, came 2nd 4 times and failed to cash in the other 10. I'm just waiting for my stakers to review the hand histories before I post any up here (if there's anyone reading lol) for discussion. Initial thoughts on the games though are:
  • There appears to be a lot of losing regulars at the level and the network I play on. All but 1 of the people I've sharkscoped are losing players.
  • Most of the people who play at this level don't appear to understand much about metagame/ICM etc. I saw one player repeatedly fold to all ins in the BB at 400/800 when the bet was about 1550!
  • The games do seem very soft and I'm in a three-figure profit already over only 26 games. I am, however, waiting for the downswing of doom that always comes.
  • I used to play at $5 level and I feel that there's barely any difference at $10. Still expecting $20+ to be a lot different though.
I really should look into SNG training sites/specific software etc more. I do want to join Cardrunners but the starting fee is ridic for someone with my small bankroll and I just can't justify it at the moment. Gonna have a look at sites like Deucescracked and see if they can help, plus read more articles specifically on SNGs on sites such as 2+2 and P5's, and read more of the PHA board on Blonde.

I just hope I can keep this ROI going...

1 comments :

roscopiko said...

GL for 2009, I'm an apater too and hope to see you over the year.

Link to www.roscopiko.blogspot.com would be appreciated.